IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
See below for what you need to enjoy Blu-ray Disc playback in Dolby Atmos format audio with Multi Channel AV receiver or Sound Bar.
Connect the ceiling speakers or Dolby Atmos Enabled Speakers to the Multi Channel AV receiver. From Settings, go to Speaker Settings to change the speaker pattern. In the speaker pattern settings, choose a setting in the pattern x.x.2. Ex., 5.1.2 (TM), 5.1.2 (FD). Choose the overhead speakers or Dolby Atmos Enabled Speakers to match your speaker configuration.
- Connect the Blu-ray Disc Player to the AV amp’s or Sound Bar HDMI IN.
- Connect your TV to the AV amp’s or Sound Bar HDMI OUT (ARC).
- Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet is recommended for connection.
[B]:Multi Channel AV receiver
[C]:HDMI cable for TV
[D]:HDMI cable for Blu-ray Disc Player
[F]:Blu-ray Disc Player
Set the Multi Channel AV receiver Sound Field to A.F.D.
- A Blu-ray Disc that is compatible with Dolby Atmos. It will typically have the Dolby logo printed on it.
- Choose a sound or language setting from Dolby Atmos.
Blu-ray Disc Player
Set the Blu-ray disc player to Dolby Atmos, check the settings on the player. Ex., turn OFF the BD Audio Mix Setting on your Sony Blu-ray disc player.