This solution is designed to assist when the ARC feature is not working and both the TV and audio system are compatible with the ARC feature .
To fix this issue, check these suggestions.
- The TV or the audio system must have the latest software installed.
- Make sure the Control for HDMI option of both products is set to On in the menu systems.
- If model-specific information is needed to turn on the Control for HDMI option or determine if your product supports ARC, refer to the instructions supplied with the product.
- Make sure that a high-speed HDMI cable is being used and that it is securely connected to the HDMI ports labeled ARC on both products.
- If only one of the products supports ARC, it is necessary to connect the products as shown in the diagram below to send sound from the TV to the audio system.
- Some TVs with multiple HDMI inputs will only support the ARC feature on one of the inputs. In these cases the input will be marked with the letters ARC.
- Perform a power reset on the TV and audio system, as follows:
- Turn off the TV and the audio system.
- Disconnect the power cords (mains lead) and HDMI cord from both the TV and audio system. Leave it disconnected for about a minute.
- Reconnect the HDMI cord to the ARC HDMI input of the TV and ARC HDMI out of the audio system, depending on the model of the audio system used. Some A/V receivers have Out A and Out B, so please make sure to connect the HDMI cord to the HDMI ARC out of the audio system that is labeled ARC.
- If there are any third party external devices connected to the ARC HDMI input A/V receiver like a cable box, satellite receiver, or a gaming console, make sure to disconnect these devices and leave the connection between the TV and the audio system ( such as an A/V receiver or a Sound bar).
NOTE: Third-party devices may cause the Control for HDMI function of the TV and the audio device to quit working.
- For Android TVs, check the following.
- If the audio system is not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS, perform the following steps.
- Press the Home button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Sound.
- Select Digital audio out, then set to PCM.
- Perform a Clear Data or Cache from External Input Services Application.
The following is an example of operation with Android TVs manufactured on 2015.
- Press the HOME button on the remote.
- Select Settings.
- Under the TV category, select Apps.
- Select System apps.
- Select External Input Services.
- Select Clear data and choose OK.
- Select Clear cache and choose OK.