Sony Memory Stick Terms and Conditions
Sony warrants this SONY product against defects in MATERIAL AND WORKMANSHIP, on the following terms and conditions:
- The warranty period shall be
(i) for Sony Memory Stick™ Standard Series, 5 years, and
(ii) for Sony Memory Stick PRO™ Series, 5 years,
(iii) for Sony Memory Stick™ High Speed Series, 10 years from the original date of purchase.
- Please call our Customer Interactive Centre Hotline if you wish to clarify which category your product is in.
- T he warranty excludes any damage or loss arising from or related to any act of God, accident, corrosion, misuse or inappropriate use, deformation, discoloration,
unauthorized alteration, or repair by any person other than a person duly-authorized and approved by Sony.
- Sony shall not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary, consequential or economic damage or loss (including loss of profits, data, anticipated savings, goodwill or business opportunities) arising from or related to the warranty (including Sony’s services under it). Sony’s liability under or in relation to the warranty (including Sony’s services under it) shall be limited to the cost of replacing the product with the same or an equivalent product, or of repairing the product, whichever is lower. To the extent permitted by the applicable law, Sony disclaims all other warranties (express or implied) with respect to the Memory Stick, including but not limited to any implied warranties for merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
- The warranty excludes Memory Stick™ Data Rescue Service, a chargeable service that restores data stored in the Memory Stick by file type and returns such restored data to you. The following are not included in Memory Stick Data Rescue Service:
(i) Examination and analysis of causes leading to malfunction
(ii) Restoration of the Memory Stick for other purposes.
- Sony’s decision on any matter relating to defects, workmanship or materials in relation to the product, or on any other matter arising under the warranty where Sony is required to make a decision in its discretion, shall be final and conclusive and you hereby agree to abide by Sony’s decision.
- Please keep your ORIGINAL PURCHASE RECEIPT from the Sony Authorized Dealer and present it together with this warranty card for Memory Stick™ Diagnosis Service and verification when required.
- The warranty extends only to SONY products purchased in Malaysia.