About this download
For owners of Walkman A series, we offer NW-A30 firmware update program to the latest version 1.20. Please read carefully the following instructions.
Contents of the update
This utility updates the Walkman player to system software version 1.20 and provides the following benefits:
- Resolve the symptom where Thai characters may display as garbled characters
- Address other symptoms
Benefits provided from previous updates includes:
- Improve the response when the touch panel is pressed or scrolled
- Address the symptom where the sound is skipped or chopped
- Resolve the symptom where Simplified or Traditional Chinese characters may display as garbled characters
- Improve overall operation and stability
NW-A30 series that have firmware version lower than 1.20
Please confirm the Model and the Firmware version from the steps below.
- Press Power button and switch off the Hold function.
- Press options/settings icon located at the bottom right corner.
- Press Settings menu
- Scroll to the bottom and press Unit Information menu.
Confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
Target PC environments
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Not supported by OSs other than above
- Compatibility mode for Windows XP (included with Windows Vista and Windows 7) is not supported.
- After updating, the firmware cannot be reinstated an earlier version.
- Please backup all data from the unit to the computer in advance, since the data may be lost when updating as they are remained on the unit. We cannot guarantee in case the tracks and the data are damaged or deleted by this update.
- When updating, the unit is needed to have a free space about 200 MB. Please confirm there is enough free space. If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessary
data back to the computer to increase free space.
- When downloading the program and updating the firmware, log on to the computer with the administrator name or with any name which belongs to the administrator.
- If you are Windows 10 user, Windows 8.1 user, Windows 7 user or Windows Vista user, Windows needs your permission to continue message appears in the User Account Control dialog box. Click Continue to proceed, and follow the announcements.
- Windows 10
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 32bit
- Windows 8 64bit
- Windows Vista
- The update program download is started by clicking Download button.
- After download is completed, connect your Walkman to your PC by USB connection.
- Quit all software running on your PC.
- Double click the saved file, and work by following displayed massages.
* Please do not disconnect the unit from the PC during updating.
- When the message of completing updating is displayed, click Finish button.
Confirm the firmware version after the update program is installed successfully by refering to steps from How to confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
The update program installation is succeeded when 1.20 is shown on the screen.