About this download
Micro Vault Virtual Expander is pre-installed Sony's unique file compression software.
This software will compress your data to virtually store about 3 times* as much data!
* 3 times as much data is an average based on actual tests performed by Sony on a sample of 14 files of various types. Already compressed files may not be able to be further compressed.
- You can use Micro Vault Virtual Expander with Windows 7 , Windows Vista and Windows XP (SP1 or later).
- Administrator rights are required.
- Software compatible models: USM-LX, USM-L, USM-H, USM-JX, USM-J (pre-installed), USM-J/UM (to be downloaded).
- Virtual Expander README
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
Please download and read the VE_Readme_flashdemo_WW.zip file. This file contains instructions on how to use the Virtual Expander software.
- Extract the downloaded VE_Readme_flashdemo_WW.zip.
For Microsoft® Windows Vista® or Windows® 7 operating system:
a. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and right-click the VE_Readme_flashdemo_WW.zip file, and then click "Extract All".
b. At the "Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders" window, click "Extract".
c. A new folder will be created called "VE_Readme_flashdemo_WW".
- Select the demo or README file from available languages.