There are many reasons why this condition may occur:
- The computer could be turned off. Since the HDMI input feature allows you to use the LCD screen to playback video on the screen independently of the computer, switching to another input will result in no display because there is no other display signal being sent.
- The input select button could have been pressed too many times. Pressing the input select button too many times in rapid succession will result in too many instructions being sent to the hardware.
To resolve the issue, follow the procedure below:
- Verify that the computer is turned on.
- In the Input Select Button, press it just once, and then allow a few seconds for the input scan to complete.
- The screen will temporarily display the input source that is currently chosen. This is not technically a blank screen, but a black screen with just the name of the input source displayed. This screen should only display for a few seconds.
- Restart the computer and then attempt to switch the input source again.