IMPORTANT: Before beginning this procedure, to make sure that the Sony Visual Communication Camera driver is up to date and properly installed, download and install the latest Sony Visual Communication Camera update available in the Downloads section of this Support site. Once the update has been installed, restart the computer.
1. Click the Start button, click All Programs, click Yahoo Messenger, and then click Yahoo Messenger.
2. Sign into the Yahoo Messenger service using the appropriate Yahoo ID and Password, and then click the Sign In button.
3. In the Yahoo Messenger window, click Help, and then click Set up Video and Voice.
4. In Step 1 of 3: Microphone window, verify that the appropriate microphone device is chosen.
5. Talk to the microphone to test it. The indicator bar should increase and decrease as you do so.
NOTE: If no Microphone device is chosen you will not be able to communicate using the Microphone feature.
6. Click the Next button.
7. In Step 2 of 3: Speaker Setup window, verify that the appropriate Speaker device is chosen.
8. A test sound will be played. Click the slider bar to adjust the speaker volume to a comfortable level.
NOTE: If no Speaker device is chosen then you will not be able to hear other users.
9. Click the Next button.
10. In Step 3 of 3: Camera Detection window, verify that the Sony Visual Communication Camera device is chosen.
It may be necessary to click on Retry to obtain a picture.
If no Camera device is chosen then you will not be able to see other users.
11. Click the Finish button to complete the setup process.
12. In the Yahoo Messenger window, double-click on the user that you would like to chat with and then click Start Video Call.
13. The user you have selected will receive a notification and be prompted to Accept, Decline or IM Only.
14. Once the selected user accepts the invitation, the Video Conference will be enabled.