What to do if the Protector Suite QL (fingerprint security) software does not work when the computer is running on battery?
The Protector Suite QL (fingerprint security) software does not work when the computer is running on battery.
2. In the Control Panel window, click System and Maintenance.
3. In the System and Maintenance window, click Power Options.
4. In the Power Options window, in the Preferred Plan section, below the selected power plan, click Change plan settings.
NOTE: Changes made within a specific power plan will only affect that power plan. This means that if the power plan selection is changed - from Balanced to Power saver, for example - any changes made to the setting within the previously selected power plan will not be reflected in the newly selected power plan. To ensure that a specific setting is customized the way you want it to be no matter what power plan is selected, modify that setting in all three power plan options.
5. In the Edit Plan Settings window, click Change advance power settings.
6. In the Power Options window, on the Advanced Settings tab, click the Plus (+) button next to USB settings.
7. Under USB settings, click the Plus (+) button next to USB selective suspend setting.
8. Under USB selective suspend setting, ensure both On Battery and Plugged In are set to Enabled.
9. Click the OK button.
10. In the Edit Plan Settings window, click the X in the upper right corner to close the window.
11. Restart the computer.