Supplied Items/Replacement Parts/Repair
The unit only supports 33 rpm and 45 rpm records.
Check the following
Windows 7/Windows 8.1/Windows 10
(The latest service pack is required.)
- Mac OS X 10.9 - 10.11
- macOS 10.12 - 10.14
Any operating systems other than the listed ones are not supported.
The standard driver software of Windows and Mac is supported. No installation of the dedicated driver software is needed.
- Even with the operational environment described above, it cannot be guaranteed that it will be compatible with all computers.
- If you have any of the following operational environments, there is a possibility the recording application will not operate normally.
- Homemade computer
- Computer with a user-upgraded operating system
- Multi-boot computer
- With the power-saving features of the computer:
System Suspend or Sleep (Standby)
We do not offer recording software for computers dedicated to this unit. Please have your own separate recording software ready.
While it is not included under Sony's support service, Audacity® is a free software that can be used.
To download Audacity®, please visit the following URL.
Track playback on the computer is possible as long as it is while the track is being recorded on the unit.
When the recorded sound on the computer is output but no sound is output during recording, enable the setting (Software playthrough of input) of your recording software to send the input directly to the playback device.
Depending on the recording software you use, this setting is not available and the procedure to enable the setting varies.
No, this unit cannot record sound to a computer as high-resolution audio.
These are not supported. This unit supports BLUETOOTH connection using SBC (Subband Codec) or QualcommR aptX™ audio.
If there are playback devices, which support BLUETOOTH wireless technology nearby, that have the BLUETOOTH function enabled, but some of them are not the device with which you want to pair, disable their BLUETOOTH function and try pairing again.
With the pairing operation, the device with which you do not want to pair may be turned on and connected to the unit automatically. If this occurs, change the device's setting not to turn on by the BLUETOOTH connection, turn off the device, and try pairing again.
You cannot pair your unit with smartphones, TVs, or computers.
The unit can use the BLUETOOTH function to send data to playback devices that support BLUETOOTH wireless technology; however, because the unit cannot receive data from smartphones, TVs, or computers, the unit cannot pair with them.
Try the following.
- If there are other electronic devices connected to your unit and the playback device, disconnect them.
- Connect the unit to a power outlet to which a microwave is not connected.
- Place the unit on a table not made of metal.
■ The volume cannot be adjusted when the unit is connected to the wireless speaker or headphones via Bluetooth function.
This phenomenon may occur if you are using speakers or headphones that fall under the following conditions.
- When using speakers/headphones that do not have buttons/keys to adjust the volume
- When the speakers/headphones have buttons/keys to adjust the volume, but if these devices do not have functions that control the volume.
NOTE: Please adjust the volume on the speakers/headphones since Sony speakers/headphones equipped with buttons and touch sensors have functions that control the volume.
Please try the following steps as they may improve these issues.
- Press the BLUETOOTH/PAIRING button on your unit to deactivate its BLUETOOTH connection with the playback device for now.
- Press the BLUETOOTH/PAIRING button on your unit to reactivate its BLUETOOTH connection to the playback device.
In addition, if the issues are improved by performing the steps above, starting next time, please follow the steps below when connecting your unit to the playback device to prevent these issues from occurring.
- Turn on the playback device to set it to BLUETOOTH standby mode in advance.
- Press the BLUETOOTH/PAIRING button on your unit to connect it to the playback device via BLUETOOTH function.
Supplied Items/Replacement Parts/Repair
The 45 rpm adaptor and dust cover hinges are attached to a side surface of your turntable's packaging material.
Please use a stylus that is exclusively designed for this unit. Other styluses are not supported. To obtain a spare stylus, contact your dealer or the customer support website.
This unit is tuned according to the originally installed cartridge. Replacing with other types of cartridges is not supported.
Sending the unit in an assembled state may cause breakages or malfunctions. Disassemble the parts and pack them securely when you send the unit.
- Put the stylus protective cover on the stylus.
NOTE: If you do not have the stylus protective cover, pack the stylus carefully so that it does not bump up against other objects while transporting.
- Remove the Mat for the platter and the platter (turntable). Put the drive belt on the rear side of the platter.
NOTE: For details, refer to "Assembling the Turntable" on the supplied manual.
- To prevent the tone arm from detaching from the tone arm rest during transport, pass a soft string, etc. through the hole under tone arm rest to fasten the tone arm to the tone arm rest.
- Pack the items carefully so that they do not bump up against each other while transporting.
NOTE: We recommend to store the packing materials that come with the unit.