IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Table of Contents:
- TV center speaker mode or S-Center speaker mode
- Acoustic Center Sync
- Speaker cable connection
- Performing a calibration
Watch this video to find out how to setup Acoustic Center Sync on your compatible Sony TV and Sound Bar.
When connecting a TV with TV center speaker mode or S-Center speaker mode to an Audio System or Sound Bar, you can use your TV as part of your center speaker. By using your TV as part of your center speaker, conversations sound natural because you can hear them from the screen and its vicinity. Models with TV center speaker mode or S-Center speaker mode have CENTER SPEAKER IN terminals or S-CENTER SPEAKER IN terminals on the back of the TV.
- CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal: By connecting to a home theater (with AV receiver), you can use the TV speaker as a center speaker.
- S-CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal: By connecting to a specific Sound Bar that has an S-CENTER SPEAKER OUT terminal with a TV center speaker mode cable (supplied with the soundbar), you can use the TV speaker as a part of your center speaker.
Note: The S-Center speaker input is compatible with the HT-A9, HT-A7000 and HT-A5000 soundbar models. (As of August 2022)
If your TV supports both of the Acoustic Surface Audio/Acoustic Multi Audio and Acoustic Center Sync, with Acoustic Center Sync, the sound can match exactly what's displayed on the screen exactly where the character is standing in the scene. Providing more precisely tuned actions and sound for a more immersive experience.
Note: This feature is available on the 2021 or later TV models. (As of August 2022)
The following is an example of a connection between an AV receiver and a TV. Use a speaker cable to connect the AV receiver to the CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal of the TV.
Note: For the connection between your TV and a sound bar using S-CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal, or any additional information, refer to the Help Guide of your TV.
- A: AV receiver
- B: TV
- C: Speaker cable
- D: CENTER OUT terminal for speakers
- E: CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal - The type of CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal varies depending on the model
- F: HDMI cable or Optical digital audio cable - The TV and AV receiver must be connected by either an HDMI cable (ARC connection) or Optical digital audio cable. For additional details, refer to the BRAVIA Connectivity Guide
- Connect the speaker cable properly so that the polarities (+/-) between the TV and AV receiver match.
- To output audio from the Home Theatre, follow the steps below.
- For BRAVIA TVs released in 2021 or later: Press the Quick Settings button, then select Settings — Display & Sound — Audio output — Speakers — Audio system.
- For other models: Press the HOME button, then select Settings — Display & Sound — Audio output — Speakers — Audio system.
- If the TV center speaker mode in Audio out is set to OFF, turn it ON.
- If you can’t output any audio from the speakers, you need to check the AV receiver’s setting or audio signal. Please refer to the instruction manual for AV receiver.
When you perform a calibration, use the automatic calibration function of your audio system. The measured distance may be several meters farther than the actual distance. If your audio system does not have automatic calibration, set the center speaker level of your audio system manually as you feel appropriate.