The power save mode feature of the camera will not work on this conditions:
If Remote Ctrl is activated, the power save mode will not function. To deactivate the Remote Ctrl function, follow the steps below.
NOTE: The following steps are an example of operation. For details, refer to the manual supplied with the camera.
- On the camera, press the MENU button.
- Select Setup.
- Select Remote Ctrl.
- Select Off.
- If the FINDER/MONITOR function is set to Auto, make sure that nothing will be blocking the sensor on the viewfinder. If the sensor on the viewfinder catches anything within its proximity, the camera will react and may not turn off.
- When the Ctrl w/ Smartphone is set to On, even if the Power Save Start Time is set to a setting shorter than 1 minute, the start time will be extended to 1 minute in order for the camera to ensure that there is enough time to connect to a mobile device.
- The camera is connected to Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor).
- Power is being supplied via the USB terminal.
- A movie is being output via the HDMI terminal.
- The Smile Shutter function is active.
- The camera is in standby mode for HFR (High Frame Rate) shooting.
- A basic white color is being captured in Custom Setup mode for white balance.
- There is an active PC Remote connection.
- There is an active Eye-Fi connection.
NOTE: Some functions may not be available depending on the model unit.