YouTube searches show different results on my internet streaming device than it does when searching on a PC.
When searching using identical words on both the internet streaming device and the computer, search results are different. This is normal and it is because YouTube® content provided through internet streaming services and devices are by a YouTube service. The searches are more filtered than content provided to computers. Therefore, search results can be limited on streaming devices compared to a computer.
YouTube is able to detect the source of request, meaning whether the request comes from a streaming device or from a personal computer and will provide different results. The YouTube user interface on the streaming devices provide a 'search light' engine (simplified search), whereas the YouTube computer interface features a full web based search engine.
The following steps can be performed to view a specific video that cannot be found by searching on the internet video device:
- Using a computer, log in to your YouTube account
- Search for the video that you want to watch.
- Select the video.
- Select Add to.
- Select a playlist from the list or create a new playlist.
NOTE: The image below shows and example of the what can be seen when following the steps above.
- Using your internet video device, access the YouTube app.
- Make sure you are signed in to your YouTube account.
- Select Playlist.
- Select the desiered video from the list.