Terms & Conditions
Sony (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (“Sony”) is responsible for the Sony #TogetherWithSony Merdeka Contest (“Contest”). You are eligible to join the Contest only if you agree to and accept the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before participating in the Contest. By submitting an entry to the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Sony reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or amend the Contest and/or these Terms and Conditions without any liability to you should there be unforeseeable events which in Sony’s absolute opinion may jeopardize the process of the Contest. Any cancellation, suspension or changes to the Contest and/or these Terms and Conditions will be revised and reflected as an update(s) here. In the event of disputes regarding the Contest or the Terms and Conditions of the Contest, Sony shall have the right to make final decision.
- Employees of Sony, advertising and promotion agencies of Sony together with their employees, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each of the aforesaid persons are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
- Sony reserves the right to disqualify and/or exclude any entries from the Contest, for any reason and for no reason, including without limitation, violation of any portion of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Contest is valid from 1 August 2022 – 2 October 2022.
- Contest winners will be announced not later than 25 October 2022 on Sony Malaysia’s Facebook account.
- To participate,
- Follow Sony Malaysia Facebook account.
- Comment Sony Malaysia’s Facebook Video post on Sony #TogetherWithSony Merdeka Contest (“Response”) by tagging at least one (1) friend and answering, “What does togetherness mean to you with your friend(s)?”.
- Response has to be an original piece only.
- Response must be replied from your personal Facebook account.
- Response must include #SonyMalaysia. Your Facebook profile must be set to “public”.
- You must submit your Response on or before the last day (i.e. on 2 October 2022) at 23:59:59 (Malaysia time).
- Contest is open to all Malaysians.
- Participants must be the legal age of 18 years and above by 2 October 2022. Participants who are below the age of 18 years old are required to obtain the consent of their parents or guardians to participate in this Contest.
- The selection of winners are determined by creativity and originality of the response.
- By submitting the Contest entries, you thereby (a) specifically authorizes Sony to use and/or have third parties to use such entry in whole or in part, throughout the world, in perpetuity in or on any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, and alone or together or as part of other information, content and/or material of any kind or nature for the marketing purpose; (b) represents and warrants that all elements contained in the Contest entries (i) is original to you or fully cleared for use as contemplated herein, (ii) does and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of the terms of any other agreement you may be a party to, (iii) is not unlawful information, infringes or violates any copyright or other right (including the image rights), (iv) does not contain libelous, tortuous, or the publication or sale of which will violate any federal or state statute or regulation, (iv) is not obscene or in any other manner unlawful, and (v) shall not require Sony to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of Sony’s use or exploitation of the same. You shall indemnify and hold harmless Sony and its affiliates from and against any claim, action, damage, loss and costs and expenses (including legal fees and professional fees) arising from or in connection with any breach of the foregoing.
- Sony reserves the right to disqualify all entries that do not meet the rules and regulations of the Contest as described in these Terms and Conditions. These include entries submitted with invalid or incorrect information.
Prizes and Winners
- A total of five (5) individual winners will be selected.
- In the event that a Winner (i) does not respond to Sony within seven (7) days of being notified by Sony of his/her win; (ii) refuses to provide his/her name, address and contact information for the purpose of delivering the Prize; (iii) has breached any Terms and Conditions herein; or (iv) his/her entry is invalid for whatever reasons, his/her Prize will be forfeited, and Sony shall be entitled to select another Winner.
- In the event that any Winner is disqualified from the Contest, Sony, at its sole discretion, may decide whether a replacement Winner should be selected. In this event, any further Winner will be selected on the same criteria as set out in the Terms and Conditions. Sony can repeat this process any number of times until it has selected a satisfactory Winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Sony’s decision for all Winners is final.
- Sony has the final decision pertaining to any dispute on selection of Winner. Any appeals made including appeals to check the status of the entries, will not be entertained.
- Prizes for the contest is as below:
RM50 Touch N’ Go E-Wallet
Known as (“Prize”).
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or other items and may be subject to availability. Sony reserves the right to replace any Prizes with items of similar value without prior notice.
- Acceptance of any Prizes shall constitute consent on the Winner’s part to allow the use by Sony of the Winner’s name, nickname, My Sony ID (if applicable), image, voice, likeness and/or the fact that the Winner won the Prizes for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute a release and discharge of Sony by each Winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the Winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the Winner as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the Prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Contest, Prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
- Winners agree to be contacted by Sony or its authorized representatives to participate in public relations events tied to the Contest to generate press coverage of the Contest and the accessories range. This may include, but not be limited to, quotes given for inclusion in press releases and press conferences, interviews, etc.
- Sony reserves the right to withhold the Prize pending verification of the Winner’s compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the Contest.