Sony α Series Instagram Photo Contest
Terms and Conditions
Sony (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd. ("Sony") maintains this website https://www.sony.net/united/Igphotocontest/my/ ("Site") and is responsible for this “#DiscoverWithAlpha” Instagram photo contest (“Contest”).
Sony reserves the right to cancel or amend the Contest and the terms and conditions of this Contest (“Terms and Conditions”) at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on the Site.
- The Contest is open only to residents of Malaysia (“Participating Countries”) who are 18 years or older as at the date of participation. You warrant to indemnify Sony against any and all claims in relation to your participation of this Contest and breach of its Terms and Conditions contained herein. Sony’s rights are hereby expressly reserved.
- Employees of Sony and its affiliates in Participating Countries, advertising and promotion agencies of Sony together with their employees, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each of the aforesaid persons are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
- Sony reserves the right to disqualify and/or exclude any entries from the Contest, for any reason and for no reason, including without limitation, violation of any portion of these Terms and Conditions.
- Submit photos through Instagram starting 16 July 2020 at 00:01 to 31 August 2020 at 23:59 (GMT +8:00) (“Contest Period”).
- Each participant may submit multiple entries via their own Instagram account in the following steps:
Step 1: Follow @Sony.Alpha_photocontest Instagram account
Step 2: Upload to your personal Instagram account a photograph taken by you personally using a Sony α camera and add the following hashtags:
Malaysia: #DiscoverWithAlpha #DiscoverWithMYAlpha #AlphaUniverseMY #Sony Alpha model name (e.g. #A7RIII, #A6000, #A9) #Lens model name(e.g. #SEL24105G, SEL8514GM)
Step 3: Tag @sonymalaysia @alphauniversemy
- Photos entered (“Entries”) must be taken using a Sony α Series camera. There is no limit on the number of photos that you can upload to participate, but each photo must be unique and comply with these terms and conditions.
- Photos containing watermarks (including photo credits) may not be entered.
- Participants will be required to set their Instagram account to public. Each Entry for the Contest will be judged by a panel of judge consisting of Sony’s Professional Photographer(s) and Sony representative(s) (“Panel”) by September.
- In each of the Participating Countries, 3 photo Entries will be selected by the Panel as the Local Grand Prize Winner. The Local Winner will be chosen based on the overall composition and creativity of the photo. Then, 5 Global Winners will be selected from all countries where the Contest is held.
- Local Grand Prize Winner(s) and their runners-up are collectively referred to as “Local Prize Winners”, Global Winners and Global Runner-up Prize Winners are collectively referred to as “Global Prize Winners” and Local Prize Winners and Global Prize Winner are collectively referred to as “Winners”.
- Participant guarantees that the photo he/she is submitting is original and has not been previously published, for which the participant owns all necessary rights thereof.
- Where there are images or personal information of other individuals appearing in or associated with your entry and the Contest photo, you confirm that the individuals have consented and agreed to you providing the images and personal information to Sony and that Sony may use the images and personal information for the purpose of this Contest.
- Any costumes, props or other materials used must be rented or borrowed with the permission of the owner, and all other relevant permissions must have been obtained.
- Photo(s) that are modified with any image editing software or equivalent programs are accepted. Participant guarantees that photo enhancement was made via use of legally acquired software.
- You shall hold Sony and all of its officers, directors and employees free and harmless from any liability arising from claims or suits of third parties, including costs and expenses incidental thereto, in connection with the use of the Contest photo.
- By submitting the Contest entries, each participant thereby (a) specifically authorizes Sony to use and/or license third parties to use, without compensation, gain or rewards, a non-exclusive and irrevocable license to use, republish, edit and/or modify the Contest photos in any media for marketing and promotional purposes which include but not limited to publication at Sony’s store; (b) represents and warrants that all elements contained in the Contest entry (i) is original to the participant or fully cleared for use as contemplated herein, (ii) does and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of the terms of any other agreement the participant may be a party to, (iii) does not contain libelous, tortuous, or the publication or sale of which will violate any federal or state statute or regulation, (iv) is not obscene or in any other manner unlawful, and (v) shall not require Sony to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of Sony's use or exploitation of the same. You shall also indemnify and hold harmless Sony and its affiliates from and against any claim, action, damage, loss and costs and expenses (including legal fees and professional fees) arising from or in connection with any breach of the foregoing.
- Winners shall agree to be contacted by Sony or its authorized representatives to participate in public relations events tied to the Contest to generate press coverage of the Contest and the Sony α Series of cameras. This may include, but not be limited to, quotes given for inclusion in press releases and press conferences, interviews, etc.
- Sony reserves the right to disqualify all entries that do not meet the rules and regulations of the Contest. These include entries submitted with invalid or incorrect information.
- Unfair or unethical methods of participation may result in disqualification.
- Sony’s decision for all Winners is final.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash and may be subject to availability. Sony reserves the right to replace any prizes with items of similar value without prior notice.
- Acceptance of any prize shall constitute consent on the Winner's part to allow the use of the Winner's name, image, voice and/or likeness by Sony for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute a release and discharge of Sony by each Winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the Winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the Winner as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Contest, prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
- Results of all Winners will be announced by early October 2020 via the Site and on @Sony.Alpha_photocontest Instagram page.
- The candidate of the Local Prize Winners will be contacted directly by Instagram direct from the participating countries’ Instagram account or the“@Sony.Alpha_photocontest” Instagram account by end of September 2020, and will be required to submit the data of Photo Entry to Sony by the date separately designated by Sony. Failure of such submission within three working days shall lead to the waiver by such candidate to be the winning status. Local Prize Winners will be announces sequentially from the end of September, 2020 on SNS site of Sony in the Participating Countries, and the Photo of such Local Prize Winners will be shared via“@Sony.Alpha_photocontest” Instagram account. Global Winners will be announced by end October 2020 on “@Sony.Alpha_photocontest” Instagram account, SNS site of Sony in each Participating Country and also on Sony Group websites.
- Subject to the terms and conditions herein, the Winners of the Contest shall receive the corresponding below listed prize(s):
Global Prize Winner:
Interchangeable Lens Camera Alpha 7R IV
Winner’s choice of a lens from the Sony G Master Series lenses listed below:
Local Prize Winner:
ILCE-6600 & SEL18135 (worth US$1799.99)
- In the event that any Winner is disqualified from the Contest, Sony, at its sole discretion, may decide whether a replacement Winner should be selected. In this event, any further Winner will be selected on the same criteria as set out in the Terms and Conditions. Sony can repeat this process any number of times until it has selected a satisfactory Winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Where applicable, prizes not collected within 4 weeks from the date of notification for collection shall be disposed of at Sony’s sole discretion. Sony’s decision regarding the award of all prizes, and/or in every situation including any not covered in these Terms and Conditions, shall be final and binding on all participants in the Contest, and no queries, themes or appeals may be made or entertained regarding Sony’s decision on the same. The receipt by any Winner of any prize under this Contest is conditional upon compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Sony cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Contest or as a result of entering the Contest or accepting any prize. Sony is not responsible for any safe custody, return, non-delivery or missing of entries, late, misdirected, problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any app, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest.
- By entering the Contest or accepting the prizes, you agree that no claim relating to such losses or injuries (including special, indirect and consequential losses) shall be asserted against Sony, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from the Contest and acceptance of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage.
- By submitting the Contest entries, you agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content (a) that is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence; (b) that violates any law, statute ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising); that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation; (c) on behalf of any merchant or manufacturer, or for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party; (d) that includes any information that references other apps, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; (e) or that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
Use of Personal Information
- to the use of the Information, without compensation, for Sony’s promotional and marketing purposes; and
- to the use of the Information, without compensation, for the purpose of administration in relation to the Contest.
- Each individual participating to this Contest acknowledges that in respect of any Information from her/him pursuant to this Site:
- She/he is authorized to disclose such Information; and
- Such disclosure complies with any privacy legislation from any country, within the geographical scope of the Contest, and we have the right to use such Information as contemplated by this Site (including, without limitation, the disclosure of such Information to Sony's external agencies or third parties).
- Provision of Information to Third Parties - We will not sell or otherwise transfer the Information to unaffiliated third parties without your approval. If applicable, you will have the opportunity to indicate whether you would like to "opt in" and/or “opt out” to receiving promotional and/or marketing information about other products, services and offerings from us and/or any third parties.
- Updating or Removing Information - You may notify us of any updates, amendments and corrections to previously collected Information by using the Feedback Form on the Site. Further, upon your request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete your Information from our database. However, it may be impossible to delete your entry without some residual information because of backups and records of deletions.
- Please be advised that all materials posted on the Site are subject to public downloading by third party viewers. Sony has taken precautionary steps to deter users from downloading. However, should downloading persist, Sony shall not be held accountable or liable for any damages caused.
- Sony reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend this Contest without any liability to you should there be unforeseeable events which in Sony’s absolute opinion may jeopardize the process of the Contest.
- Sony reserves the right to amend/change the Terms and Conditions and the prizes without any liability to the participants.
- In the event of disputes regarding the Contest or the Terms and Conditions of the Contest, Sony shall have the right to make the final decision.
- The Terms and Conditions of this Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore.