This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
The Hi-Res Audio Recorder is an application to record audio tracks of a vinyl record onto your computer in the high resolution format.
- New feature of the Hi-Res Audio Recorder software Ver.1.1.4
- Support for macOS Big Sur 11
NOTE: If a dialog regarding microphone access is displayed at the first startup, you need to allow access to the microphone. For details, see the After the update section below.
- Support for macOS Big Sur 11
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- 4.6 MB (4 566 434 bytes)
The Hi-Res Audio Recorder software is compatible with the following versions of the Mac OS:
- Mac OS X 10.9, 10.10 or 10.11
- macOS Sierra (10.12), macOS High Sierra (10.13)
- macOS Mojave (10.14), macOS Catalina (10.15), macOS Big Sur (11)
- The Hi-Res Audio Recorder software may not work successfully:
- on every computer with one of the listed operating systems.
- on a homemade computer, a computer with a user-upgraded operating system, or a multi-boot computer.
- with the System Suspend or Sleep (Standby) power-saving features of the computer.
The Hi-Res Audio Recorder software is compatible with the following hardware:
- Screen resolution: 1,024 x 768 pixels or higher
- Audio playback device: Required
NOTE: We do not guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet the above system requirements.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Click the Download button.
- The installer file will be saved into the folder you set as destination folder in browser’s settings.
NOTE: As default, it will be saved into Downloads folder.
- Double-click the installer file Hi-ResAudioRecorder_1.1.4.pkg saved in your computer.
NOTE: The installation package will be unpacked.
- At the Welcome to the Hi-Res Audio Recorder Installer screen, click Continue.
- At the Software License Agreement screen, after you confirm the text of the agreement, click Continue.
- Click Agree. to accept the agreement.
- At the Select a Destination screen, select a disk and click Continue.
- Specify the installation destination, click Install.
NOTE: For a standard installation, the internal hard disk drive is selected automatically. If you want to install to another drive, click Change Install location....
- When a login password is required, type your password and click Install Software.
- The installation begins and the Installing Hi-Res Audio Recorder screen is displayed.
- After installation is completed, at the The installation was successful. screen, click Close to exit the installer.
After the update
To start the Hi-Res Audio Recorder software, start the Finder and, in Applications, double-click Hi-Res Audio Recorder.
NOTE: After the application is launched, if you see the following dialog box, click the OK button. If you click the Don't Allow button, you will not be able to record audio tracks.
Select System Preferences → Security & Privacy → Privacy → Microphone and check Hi-Res Audio Recorder in the app list on the right.
Questions & Answers
- Make sure you're using a computer with one of the supported operating systems.
- Make sure the disk drive has sufficient free disk space. Installation requires free disk space of about 100 MB. If there's not enough free disk space, remove unnecessary files.
Your computer fails to detect the connected turntable:
- Disconnect the USB cable and restart your computer. Make sure that the computer is up and running, and then connect the computer and the turntable with the USB cable.
- Follow the steps below to make sure that the turntable name is displayed in System Information:
- Connect the turntable to the computer and turn it on.
- Click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
- Click Overview, and then click System Report.
- Click USB under Hardware and make sure that PS-HX500 is displayed.
Hi-Res Audio Recorder does not start:
- Your computer may not be running properly. Start another application to see if it works normally.
- Your computer may not be running properly. Restart the computer.
- Make sure that Hi-Res Audio Recorder is successfully installed.
- Start the Finder and make sure that Hi-Res Audio Recorder is displayed in Applications.
- If the Hi-Res Audio Recorder software is not successfully installed, uninstall the application and install it all over again.