- Mac Ver.2.0
About this download
Sony offers Hi-MD Music Transfer for Mac Ver.2.0 for owners of the following Hi-MD Walkman models:
New features of Hi-MD Music Transfer for Mac Ver.2.0:
* Applicable only to the stated Hi-MD Walkman model
- User can import audio data recorded in Linear PCM, Hi-SP or Hi-LP mode on the Macintosh-compatible Hi-MD Walkman to a Macintosh computer after converting to WAV format audio data.*1
- User can download WAV*2 or MP3 format audio data from a Macintosh computer to a Hi-MD Walkman.*3
- User can change a track or group title in a Hi-MD disc, and change the order of tracks or groups.
- User can erase the tracks or groups in a Hi-MD disc.
User can download MP3 format audio data from a Macintosh computer to a Hi-MD Walkman.*3
User can change a track or group title in a Hi-MD disc, and change the order of tracks or groups.
User can erase the tracks or groups in a Hi-MD disc.
*1 An audio data transferred using SonicStage or MD Simple Burner and an audio data downloaded from this software cannot be imported.
*2 WAV format audio data is downloaded after converting to Linear PCM.
*3 If an audio data downloaded from this software is used on SonicStage, some functions such as transfer times or CD burning, etc are limited.
Import and Download table
Linear PCM, Hi-SP, Hi-LP
Download size: 1,259 KB
Updated on: 2006/07/14
- Hi-MD Music Transfer for Mac Ver.2.0
- Mac OS
The following system environment is required in order to use this software.
Operating System: Mac OS X version 10.3.9 through 10.4
CPU: PowerPC G3, G4, G5, Intel Core (Duo/Solo)
RAM: 128MB or more.
Hard disk drive space: 10MB or more.
Others: USB port
- This software cannot be installed in Macintosh with versions lower than Mac OS X version 10.3.9 .
- This software is not supported in the following environments:
- Operating Systems other than those listed above.
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system.
- Multi-boot environment.
- Multi-monitor environment.
- The supported Operating System languages are only English, French, German, Italian, Espanol, Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.
- User cannot use Hi-MD Music Transfer together with Hi-MD WAV Importer, which is supplied with MZ-M100/M10 (Sold only in North America). Hi-MD Music Transfer has the same function as Hi-MD WAV Importer. Therefore, if Hi-MD WAV Importer is already installed on the computer, user must first uninstall it，and then install Hi-MD Music Transfer. Using the two applications at the same time may result in the destruction of audio data or other malfunctions.
- When Hi-MD Music Transfer for Mac Ver.1.0 is already installed, it overwrites Hi-MD Music Transfer for Mac Ver.2.0.
- To install this software, please log on with a user name with administrative privileges.
Download and Installation Procedure
- Please connect to the Internet.
- If the MD Walkman is connected to the Macintosh computer, please disconnect it.
- Download the Hi-MD Music Transfer Installer 2.0.dmg file [HiMDMusicTransfer20.dmg].
*Do not make the system go into a sleep mode during the download.
- Close all software that are currently running on the Macintosh computer.
- Open Hi-MD Music Transfer Installer 2.0.dmg and double-click to execute HiMDMusicTransfer20.mpkg.
- Follow the on-screen prompt to complete installation.
- When the Complete window appears, click the Restart button to restart the computer.
- If Hi-MD Music Transfer Version 2.0.00.06273 is displayed on Hi-MD Music Transfer -> About Hi-MD Music Transfer, the installation is completed successfully.