Please refer to the following symptoms for the troubleshooting steps on your camcorder:
If the LCD touch panel does not respond
- If you are using a protective sheet not manufactured by Sony
If the protective sheet you are using is not compatible with the LCD touch panel, the panel may not respond properly when touched. We recommend using a protective sheet manufactured by Sony.
If you are using a protective sheet not manufactured by Sony but the LCD touch panel has responded properly in the past, the touch panel may have malfunctioned. In this case, the camcorder may need to be repaired.
- If there is foreign matter lodged between the LCD touch panel and the protective sheet
If foreign matter becomes lodged between the LCD touch panel and the protective sheet, the foreign matter may cause a response when the panel is touched, preventing a proper response. Try removing the foreign matter and see if the touch panel responds properly.
- Underwater use of waterproof models or use when the LCD touch panel is wet
The LCD touch panel cannot be used underwater. Also, it may not respond properly if the touch panel is wet. If the LCD touch panel is wet, try wiping off any water droplets and see if the touch panel responds properly.
- If 1 to 3 above do not apply to the issue, or if trying 1 to 3 does not resolve the issue
Try the following steps to see if there is any improvement: turn off the camcorder, unplug the power cord of the battery or AC adaptor/charger, wait one minute, and then turn the power back on again.
If the response position of the LCD touch panel is off
Follow the steps below to calibrate the LCD touch panel.
- Connect the supplied AC adaptor to the wall outlet.
- Unplug any cables other than the AC adaptor and remove any memory cards.
- Turn on the Handycam.
- Select CALIBRATION from among the setting items.
- Using a pointed object such as the corner of a memory card, press the x mark displayed on the screen.
- Do not touch the LCD screen with sharp objects such as mechanical pencils or needles, as they could damage it.
- Calibration cannot be performed when the LCD screen is inverted or when it is closed and facing outward.