How to troubleshoot a camera or camcorder remote control that is not working.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot why the camera or camcorder remote control is not working.
IMPORTANT: Some camcorders do not have remote control capability. For model-specific information regarding whether your Sony camera or camcorder is compatible with a remote control, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product.
- Ensure the camera or camcorder is turned on.
- If the camera or camcorder has a Remote Commander function in the menu, make sure it is set to ON.
- Ensure you have inserted fresh batteries into the remote control.
- Ensure you are aiming the remote control at the infrared (IR) sensor located on the front of the camera or camcorder.
- Ensure nothing is blocking the IR signal from the remote control to the IR sensor on the camera or camcorder.
- A strong light source, such as direct sunlight, may interfere with the IR signal.
- A connected lens hood or conversion lens may be blocking the IR signal.
- If the issue is still unresolved, follow the steps below to reset the remote control:
- Remove the batteries from the remote control.
- While the batteries are removed, press every button on the remote control twice.
- Reinsert the batteries into the remote control.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.