Error: MEDIA or a line of dashes (----), RCVER are displayed on the LCD screen.
If shooting cannot be started and the camera display the words RCVER, MEDIA or a line of dashes (------) on the LCD screen, refer to the following:
- If RCVER is displayed, the management file of the memory card is being restored.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. If this error is displayed, do not insert or remove a memory card, and wait until the display disappears.
- MEDIA flashes if the memory card is inserted in an incorrect direction.
- (------) is displayed in the center of the screen if the memory card is inserted incorrectly or diagonally; the memory card is not recognized due to dirt. It is also displayed if the memory card is not inserted.
If you encounter errors such as MEDIA or lines of dashes (----), you can try the following:
- Eject the memory card and wipe the dirt off using a dry cloth or cotton swab.
NOTE: Do not touch the terminals or the metal objects. If the microSD memory card is not recognized, check if it is inserted in a wrong direction or in an inclined angle.
IMPORTANT: If the memory card is inserted in an inclined angle, the card may be stuck and cannot be ejected.
- When the LCD panel of the camera is facing downward, open the battery cover. This does not apply to the model, FDR-X1000V.
[A] If you use a microSD memory card, insert it with the printed side facing up until it clicks.
[B] If you are using a Memory Stick Micro (M2) media, insert it with the terminal side facing up until it clicks.
NOTE: You can insert the card straight and press its center.
Memory card failure can also be a possible cause. Try using another memory card. Inspect the camera if the same symptoms occur with more than one memory card.
If the video recording format is XAVC S, a memory card-related error message is displayed when a memory card other than recommended is attached. Use a proper memory card.
NOTE: The available video recording format and the recommended memory card vary according to the model. For details on the video recording format and the recommended memory card, check the operating instructions supplied with the camera.
If the error message appears even when using different memory cards, the camera may require service.