How to view and listen to the pictures, videos, and music on a USB device
Follow these instructions if you want to play music, pictures, or videos from a USB device on your TV.
The steps differ depending on the TV. Choose your TV model type below.
Note: To check the type of your TV, refer to the article How to check if your BRAVIA TV is a Google TV™, Android TV™, or other TV.
Google TV and Android TV models
- On the remote control, press the HOME button.
- Connect the USB device.
- Wait for a few minutes until the screen of the application selection appears.
Note: Depending on the TV model, there will be a notification appear on the TV screen. When it appears, select Options.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select View content with Media Player.
- Select Album, Music, or Video.
- Select Media Player and then select Album, Music, or Video.
- Do one of the following, depending on your TV model.
- For models released in 2020 or later: Press the left arrow button on the remote control to move the cursor to the left edge.
- For other models: Press the left arrow button on the remote control to move the cursor to the left edge, and then press the same button to display the Menu.
- Select Folders or USB Device name.
Note: If the contents are not displayed, remove the USB device from the TV, and then reconnect it.
Other TV models
W5xxD, W60xD, W65xD, W75xD series
- Connect a supported USB device to the TV.
- On the remote control, press the HOME button.
- Press the Up/Down arrow button, and press the Enter button to select Media.
- Press Up/Down arrow button, and press the Enter button to select Photo, Music, or Video.
- Device Selection appears. Press the Up/Down arrow button, and press the Enter button to select a device.
- Press the Up/Down/Left/Right arrow button, and press the Enter button to select a file or folder.
- Playback Options
- Press the red button in thumbnail view to display the list of USB playback settings.
- To adjust the picture and sound quality of USB media
- Press the OPTIONS button during media playback then select Picture or Sound.
Note: Press the Up/Down/Left/Right arrow button, then press the Enter button to select and adjust an item.
- To play a photo as a slideshow (Photo)
- Press the green button in thumbnail view to start slideshow.
To set Slideshow Effect and Slideshow Speed, press the OPTIONS button and select Playback Options.
To stop a slideshow, press the RETURN button.
- While the TV is accessing the data on a USB device, observe the following:
- Do not turn off the TV.
- Do not disconnect the USB cable.
- Do not remove the USB device.
- Sony will not be held liable for any damage to, or loss of, data on the recording media due to a malfunction of any connected devices or the TV.
- The file name and folder name may not display correctly in some cases.
- When you connect a Sony digital still camera, set the camera’s USB connection mode to Auto or Mass Storage. For more information about USB connection mode, refer to the instructions supplied with your digital camera.
- Use a USB storage device that is compliant with USB mass storage device class standards.
- If a selected file has incorrect container information, or is incomplete, it cannot be played back.
For RxxxB, SxxxxB, WxxxB, XxxxB series
- Connect the USB device to the TV, and then turn on the device.
Note: If you are having trouble connecting your digital camera or Handycam, refer to the article TV does not playback videos from a camera or camcorder connected using a USB connection.
- Press the Home button, and select (Media Server), then USB.
- Choose a file from the list, and playback will start.
- From Media Type: on the right side of the screen, you can switch the display to show All, Photo, Music, or Video.
- For more information on playable file types, check the instruction manual for your product.
If you want to display a list of folders
- If the playable files on your USB device are currently being displayed in a list, press the OPTIONS button on your remote control.
- Use the Up/Down arrow button to select Folder View.
- The list will switch to a system of folders.
Note: If you want to end the Folder View display, return to the Option menu, and select Folder-less View.
If your model is not listed, refer to the manual of your product.
Please accept Youtube cookies to watch this video
Access your cookie preferences below and make sure to switch on the Youtube cookie under the 'Functional' section.
Register your product
Get access to all information, keep your product up to date and enjoy great deals
A place where you can find solutions and ask questions
Contact our Support team
Repair & Warranty
Book, track or maybe even avoid a repair
Support by Sony (Mobile App)