IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
NOTE: The subwoofer is a speaker for playing bass sounds. Sound from the subwoofer may be hard to hear when the input source has less bass sound, such as TV broadcast.
Press the + (subwoofer volume) button on the remote control to turn up the volume from the subwoofer.
NOTE: The button name varies depending on the model.
If Night mode is set to ON, set it to OFF.
NOTE: For details regarding Night mode, refer to the product manual.
Try to play the test tone or sample music to verify if any sound is coming out of the subwoofer:
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Setup.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Select Speaker Settings.
- Select Manual Speaker Settings.
- Select Test Tone, and then select On.
NOTE: Select Off to end playback of Test Tone.
NOTE: While USB input is selected, the TEST TONE will not be not output even though it is set to ON. To make sure the TEST TONE is played, select an input other than USB.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control to turn on the menu in the front panel display.
- Select SPEAKER — TEST TONE — ON to output the test tone from each speaker.
- Press the MENU button to turn off the menu in the display.
- To select the item and setting you want, press ↑ (upper), ↓ (lower) or ENTER repeatedly. You can return to the previous layer by pressing the BACK button.
- To turn off the TEST TONE, select SPEAKER — TEST TONE — OFF.
- Other models
- Press the INPUT button or (input select) button on the Sound Bar for 5 seconds to playback the internal sample music.
- Press the INPUT or (input select) button again to end playback of the internal sample music and return it to its former state.