If the on-screen keyboard doesn't appear on the TV screen, even after selecting the text input box, perform the following workarounds in numerical order. If the symptom(s) persists, we recommend using the next workaround in the list. Check if the on-screen keyboard appears after completing either of the steps:
Remove all wireless device connected to the TV via USB port. Check if there's a wireless mouse receiver connected to the TV. The on-screen keyboard doesn't appear when a wireless mouse receiver is connected to the TV because it may recognize the receiver as a USB keyboard. To resolve this issue, remove the wireless mouse receiver from the TV.
- Example of a wireless mouse receiver
If the on-screen keyboard doesn't appear on the TV screen, select the Leanback Keyboard in the Settings menu.
- On the remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Keyboard.
- Select Leanback Keyboard.
If Leanback keyboard option is not available, perform the following and check if the Virtual keyboard appears after completing either of the steps:
- Uninstall updates from the Google Play™ store.
- Open the Google Play store.
- Select My apps.
- Under Recently Updated select Gboard - the Google Keyboard.
- Select UNINSTALL UPDATES.
- Uninstall updates from the TV settings.
- Select Settings> Apps > Gboard > Uninstall updates.