(KUALA LUMPUR, 10 July 2019) – Sony today announced the latest addition to its E-mount full-frame lens line-up with the introduction of a FE 35mm F1.8 large-aperture wide-angle prime lens, model SEL35F18F.
The compact dimensions and light weight of this full-frame, large-aperture prime lens provide mobility and convenience for shooting a wide range of subjects from everyday snapshots, food photography, landscapes, night scenes and more. The new lens provides outstanding corner-to-corner image quality from a maximum F1.8 aperture and its quiet autofocus and tenacious tracking performance make it a great choice for both stills and movie shooting. Its small size mean it is equally suited to APS-C as well as full-frame bodies, offering a 52.5mm equivalent focal length that is perfect for snapshots, portraits and more.
High resolution and large-aperture full-frame performance in compact and lightweight lens
● Large F1.8 maximum aperture, weighing in at just 280 grams and measuring 65.6 mm (diameter) by 73.0mm (length); this new lens sets a new standard for portability.
● Smart optical construction including an aspherical element to suppress aberration and deliver high resolution throughout the entire image frame. 9-blade circular aperture enables beautiful bokeh.
● Minimum focus distance of 0.22m and maximum magnification of 0.24x offer easy access to the world of close-up photography.
Versatile control and handling for a wide range of imaging needs
● Conveniently placed, customisable focus hold button and a focus mode switch for instantaneous switching between auto and manual focus.
● Linear Response Manual Focus for fine, responsive manual focus control.
● Dust and moisture resistant design add to the versatility and reliability of this new lens and invoke a feeling of confidence in the user.
Quiet AF with excellent tracking for movies as well as stills
● Fast, precise and quiet linear-motor AF drive system for precise focus for both stills and movies where “wobbling” is employed for delicate continuous focus control.
“A 35mm prime lens is a go-to lens for so many photographers as its versatility means that it is the right choice for so many different kinds of shot,” said Dai Tanaka, Director, Digital Imaging Division, Sony Electronics Asia Pacific. “Our new 35mm FE lens combines brilliant corner to corner clarity with a truly lightweight design and we are confident that it will appeal to a wide range of stills and movie shooters.”
About Sony Malaysia
Sony (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. began operations in Malaysia on 31 October 1973. The company specializes in marketing, sales and services for a wide range of consumer electronics products as well as broadcast & professional products and solutions. There are in total of 2 Sony Stores and 47 Sony Centre outlets nationwide, which offering consumers the latest Sony products and services.
About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is a leading manufacturer of audio, video, game, communications, key device and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. With its music, pictures, computer entertainment and online businesses, Sony is uniquely positioned to be the leading electronics and entertainment company in the world. Sony recorded consolidated annual sales of approximately $77 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018.
Sony Global Web Site: http://www.sony.net/
For media enquiries, please contact:
Marketing Communication Department
Sony Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Head of Marketing Communication
Sony Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
T: + 019.3277536