Personal Data Protection Notice
Sony(Malaysia) Sdn Bhd and its related corporations ("the Company) values and is committed to the protection of Personal Data. This Personal Data Protection Notice ("Notice") explains the collection, processing and disclosure of your Personal Data pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the "Act").
By visiting our website or by interacting with us or by providing Personal Data to us, you are deemed to have read and consent to us using, collecting and processing your Personal Data in the manner described in this Notice.
Kindly note that the Company reserves the right to change, amend and/or vary this Notice at any time. You are advised to check this Notice from our website from time to time for amendments or updates.
B. Collection of Personal Data
1. The Company collects your personal data in the course of your dealings with us including:-
i. Your personal details, including details relating to other person(s) who may be identified from the data;
ii. The contents of all information obtained from the membership and/or VIP forms and/or document(s) collected by us; and/or
iii. Other information (collectively referred to as “Personal Data”).
2. The Personal Data collected by us may be used for, but not limited to the following purposes:
i. Providing customer care and enhancing customer satisfaction, including but not limited to, resolving complaints, dealing with and/or responding to requests and enquiries, warranty, returns and other after sales services;
ii. To manage and service our relationship with you by fulfilling your lifestyle aspirations;
iii. To keep you informed of promotions, discounts, and/or events;
iv. For internal record keeping, including but not limited to administration, processing, and matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
v. For statistical analysis;
vi. For recruitment purposes;
vii. For information and security purposes, including but not limited to managing and administrating e-mail, handling and investigating any security related issue, vulnerability, and/or incidents;
viii. For the exercise of any functions conferred on any person by law and/or towards the administration of justice; and/or
ix. For any purpose incidental, ancillary or in furtherance to the abovementioned purposes (collectively referred to as “Purposes”).
D. Disclosure to Third Parties
3. If and when necessary, your Personal Data may be disclosed to the following third parties:
i. Authorised agents, contractors and third party service providers who provide services to the Company and the Sony Group Companies (hereinafter defined) for any of the Purposes contemplated at Paragraph 2 above;
ii. External professional advisors and auditors;
iii. Governmental departments and authorities; and/or
iv. Any affiliated companies of Sony Corporation (“Sony Group Companies”).
E. Security of Personal Data
4. The Company may transfer your Personal Data to any of the Sony Group Companies and/or any third party as set forth in Paragraph 3 above in, including but not limited to Japan, Singapore, UAE, United Kingdom, United States of America, Philippines, and China. In the event that your Personal Data is transferred to a location outside of Malaysia, including those indicated above, the Company shall ensure that confidentiality safeguards have been put in place to ensure your rights to personal data protection remains unaffected.
F. Access and Correction
5. The Personal Data must be accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date. Should you be made aware of any inaccurate, incomplete or misleading Personal Data or where the Personal Data provided to us earlier have become incorrect or out of date, kindly notify us at the contact provided for in paragraph 9.
6. You have the right to request access and correct your Personal Data and to withdraw your consent given to us hereunder. Such request however, may be subject to the requirements in the Act and the Company’s request procedure (which can be found at [http://www.sony.com.my/microsite/privacypolicy] and a prescribed fee as applicable.
G. Retention Standard
7. Any Personal Data shall not be kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the Purposes abovementioned in Paragraph 2. We shall undertake to ensure that all Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted if it is no longer required for the Purposes for which it was to be processed.
8. Should you require further information kindly view our Sony Personal Data Protection Policy on our website: [http://www.sony.com.my/microsite/privacypolicy]
9. For all enquiries, kindly contact us at PI_Inquiry.Somas@ap.sony.com