About this download
This Update Program will improve the read and write quality of the following media.
1. Some new type of DVD-ROM.
2. Some new type of blank CD-R.
The following symptom has been resolved.
1. Sometimes after finalized DVD+R DL, the icon of the Optical Driver will change to DVD-ROM.
DVD-RW Drive UJ-832(UJ-832BSX2-U/A-U) update program Ver.1.03 51110m/1.03 51111m
File name: KMFOPD-01103400-UN.exe
File size: 3.07 MB (3,222,880 bytes)
- DVD-RW Drive UJ-832(UJ-832BSX2-U/A-U) update program Ver.1.03 51110m/1.03 51111m
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
To install DVD-RW Drive UJ-832(UJ-832BSX2-U/A-U) update program Ver.1.03 51110m/1.03 51111m
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for refrence later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click KMFOPD-01103400-UN.exe file
3. Follow the instructions displayed in the instalation wizard.
4. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.
To check if the updating is successful
1. Double-click KMFOPD-01103400-UN.exe file again.
2. If the installation is successful, "Firmware of drive is already up to date." message will appear.
3. If the above message is not displayed, please reinstall the update program again.